I figured I may as well document the ‘progress’ with the switch over to SAP when something happens. Let’s cover today :
-Oh look, I still don’t have access. A new email from corporate support, telling me that I need to apply for added access myself. Perhaps that would have been handy information to have yesterday, rather than them telling me my manager needed to do it on my behalf…
-Okay, let’s see, form is filled out, but I need to figure out who my SAP Controller is. There’s a list of 80 people. I don’t know who any of these people are. None of them are local. Ummm…what the fuck?
-Time to send ANOTHER email to support and ask them what in the Hell I’m supposed to be doing with Controller stuff.
I sent that off at 9 this morning. I never heard back. I still have no access. Didn’t matter today, because it doesn’t work…for anyone. Total access failure. Not only will it not print anything, it has actually fucked up the printer buffers somehow so that NOTHING can print in the warehouse. Awesome. The ‘expert’ sent up to help was of course baffled. It was never resolved. I have no idea if this woman is coming back, but due to SAP not functioning, nobody even got to try it. This would be outright hilarious by this point if it was happening to someone else.
Luckily, I had to get 12 skids and six lengths of pipe ready to go to a project location tomorrow, so I was busy. And somebody needs to run a gasket and a plate out to a welder in Fox Creek tomorrow. I’m hoping somebody=me, because that will beat the shit out of waiting for more SAP cluster fucks. It will also beat having to load 12 skids and 6 lengths of pipe on to a flat deck.